What Is the Code to Know My MTN Number?

Zeeks

There will come a time when you need to know your MTN number to share with friends and family or simply to complete details in a specific document. In such cases, you must first have your number handy.

Your mobile number is your unique identifier and, by extension, your virtual identity, so it’s important to know it. For MTN customers, It’s easy to uncover your personally assigned MTN number using a USSD code. Aside from using USSD shortcodes, there are other methods you can use (which we will explore).

Read on to find out how to know your MTN number using USSD and other methods.

How to Know Your MTN Number Using USSD Code
It doesn’t matter the kind of device you’re currently using – internet-enabled or basic – using a USSD code is your best bet for knowing your MTN number. Follow these steps to uncover your MTN number using USSD:

• On your phone, dial the code *123#
  • A menu will appear with various options. Select the "My Number" option.
  • Your MTN phone number will be displayed on the screen.
The code works reliably across all devices and takes minimal effort compared to alternative methods. For swift self-service without the hassle, memorize and use *123# to effortlessly uncover your number. However, in the event of network glitches, there are other methods of checking your MTN number.

Alternative Methods to Know Your MTN Number
The *123# code should function reliably to show your number almost always. However, if you ever find this particular code unavailable, don't worry, use these methods:

• Call MTN Customer Care at 180
  • Dial the number 180 from your MTN phone.
  • Follow the voice prompts to reach a customer service representative.
  • Inform the representative that you need to check your phone number.
  • Provide any information they may require such as your name.
  • The representative will retrieve and relay your MTN phone number to you.

Check Your MTN SIM Pack
You can also find your MTN number written on your SIM pack or at the back of your MTN SIM. So it’s important to keep your SIM pack safe so it doesn’t get lost.

Use the MyMTN Mobile App
This method utilizing the MyMTN smartphone app is best for devices with internet access and app downloading capability. The MyMTN app allows you to not only check your MTN phone number but also view account details like data/airtime balances and manage services.

To use the app to uncover your number:
  • Download the "MyMTN" app from your device's app store
  • Open the app and complete the signup process using your credentials
  • Your 10-digit MTN phone number will be displayed on your account dashboard.
Having the app installed also keeps your number conveniently available at any time alongside other useful account tools. So it acts as a helpful all-in-one account manager as well!

Check Your Phone's Settings
For Android Phones:

• Access the "Settings" menu on your Android phone.
  • Navigate to "About Phone" or "System Information."
  • Locate the "Status" section and look for "My Phone Number."

For iPhones:
  • Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
  • Select "Phone" from the list of options.
  • Your phone number will be displayed under "My Number."

Use a Third-Party App
Download and install a third-party app like "My Phone Number" from your phone's app store.
Launch the app and follow its instructions to display your phone number.

Benefits of Knowing Your MTN Number
Now that you have your MTN number handy, there are many benefits you will immediately derive. I’ve provided three:

1. For Easy Sharing: Knowing your MTN number makes it simple to share with friends, family, and colleagues who want to reach you.
2. Account Management: It's the key to unlocking all your MTN account features, like billing, plan changes, and customer support.
3. Emergency Assistance: In serious situations, having your MTN number readily available can help get you the help you need faster.

Conclusion
In summary, keeping your phone number handy is essential for communication and account management. Thankfully, between the ever-reliable *123# USSD shortcut and other dependable channels, uncovering your MTN phone number is easier than ever before. Stay empowered as an MTN customer by taking advantage of these easy self-service portals!