THROWBACK: Edet lives in Calabar

Who else remembers Edet lives in Calabar and some other books we read back in Primary school? Now they just bring fascinating memories anytime I remember those books.

Whenever I come across any internet articles about those stories, it just brings back memories. I lost all those textbooks and storybooks we read in primary school since I wasn't very good at keeping books safe when I was younger. How I long for those times. I can still remember Edet lives in Calabar, Ali and Simbi, Eze goes to school.

How can I reverse time to just return to those days and feel that experience one more time? 😭

I remember those Macmillian textbooks that year lol. Agbo story in the primary 4 edition is my favourite. Agbo's brother, Mike, returned back home from overseas and brought Agbo gifts and presents. Those memories gives me chill mehn...

One of the books that prepared us for secondary school at the time was Eze Goes to School. I also remember the Christmas story in Edet lives in Calabar, when their dad brought home chicken for Christmas.

Who else remembers Edet lives in Calabar and some other books we read back in Primary school? Now they just bring fascinating memories anytime I remember those books.

Whenever I come across any internet articles about those stories, it just brings back memories. I lost all those textbooks and storybooks we read in primary school since I wasn't very good at keeping books safe when I was younger. How I long for those times. I can still remember Edet lives in Calabar, Ali and Simbi, Eze goes to school.

How can I reverse time to just return to those days and feel that experience one more time? 😭

View attachment 74

I remember this books so well. Do they still read them in primary schools?