English name for agbalumo

I was arguing with my cousin about the English name of agbalumo. Ive always known it's called cherry. But she insisted it is not cherry that cherry is a foreign fruit and agbalumo is agbalumo..

Abeg house you guys should justify me. If agbalumo is not cherry, then what is it?

I was arguing with my cousin about the English name of agbalumo. Ive always known it's called cherry. But she insisted it is not cherry that cherry is a foreign fruit and agbalumo is agbalumo..

Abeg house you guys should justify me. If agbalumo is not cherry, then what is it?
Agbalumo is agbalumo. Cherry is a different fruit entirely.

Agbalumo is called African star apple in English. A lot of Nigerians misconstrue the name Cherry as Agbalumo (African star apple), but cherry is a very popular fruit overseas.

Here is a picture of how it looks like-